High-Speed Multifunction Analog I/O Board
- 16-bit, high-speed (up to 500KHz) multifunction analog I/O
- 16 single-ended or 8 differential inputs
- 11 software/hardware selectable ranges of:
- 0-1V, 0-2V, 0-4V, 0-5V, 0-10V, ±0.5V, ±1V, ±2V, ±2.5V, ±5V, ±10V
- 1024 sample data FIFO for A/D
- Auto calibration
- Two 12-bit D/A outputs and 16 digital I/O
- Factory Options: (call for pricing and availability)
- FIFO up to 64K sample
- Factory input range/gain of 1-100
- Medium performance version available (Model 104-AIO16-16)
- +5VDC only operation
- 0 to 70°C and -40 to +85°C versions available
|Analog Input Burst Mode (single channel)||500K samples per second||300K samples per second|
|Analog Input Multi-Channel Mode (2 or more channels)||450K samples per second total||250K samples per second total|
|Analog Output (DAC) update rate||100K conversions per second||10K conversions per second|
Input voltage ranges of 0-1, 0-2, 0-4, 0-5 and 0-10 volts unipolar and ±0.5, ±1, ±2.0, ±2.5, ±5, ±10 volts bipolar are available.
The board contains an industry standard ADS 8322 16-bit successive-approximation analog-to-digital converter (A/D) with a sample and hold amplifier input. It also includes a 1024 sample FIFO data buffer. This allows data to be taken with little processor overhead. Depending on the application and operating system, you may want to select a larger FIFO for smoother performance.
DISCRETE DIGITAL I/O
Counter/Timer 0 is enabled by a pin on the connector (CTR0). It uses an external clock which may have a frequency of up to 10 MHz.
Counter/Timers 1 and 2 are concatenated to form a 32-bit counter and receive 10 MHz clock inputs (divided down to 5, 2.5, or 1.25 MHz) from an on-board crystal-controlled oscillator.
These counter/timers can be set up for event counting, frequency or period measurements, and pulse or wave form generation. Also, Counter/Timers 1 and 2 can be programmed to initiate A/D conversions. A driver with source code is provided to facilitate use of the counter/timer chip in data acquisition applications.
TRANSFERING DATA TO THE COMPUTER
Also, since program transfers are subject to disruption by other interrupt processes in the computer, use of real time triggering of the A/D assures synchronized sampling that is unaffected by other computer operations. This capability is essential in applications such as signal analysis, vibration and transient analysis where high data rates must be sustained for short intervals of time. The FIFO on the board allows it to acquire data from the signal source and to store the data in the onboard FIFO, eliminating most timing concerns.
Available Reference Manuals
- View / Download the Software Reference Manual (.PDF)
- View / Download the 104-AIO16-16 Data Sheet (.PDF)
Further information about available ACCES Software:
- Redistributing Windows Drivers
- A list of ACCES drivers and the files that compose them under different versions of Windows, so you can easily redistribute ACCES cards and drivers.
- Inputs: 16 single ended or 8 differential
- Ranges: 0-1, 0-2, 0-4, 0-5, 0-10, ±0.5, ±1, ±2.0, ±2.5, ±5, ±10 Volts
- Over Voltage Protection: ±33V
- Type: Successive approximation
- Resolution: 16 Bit
- Sampling Speed: Up to 500KHz
- Conversion Time: 1.75 µsec typical (when used with the standard 10 MHz clock)
- Int. Linearity Error: ±1 LSB Max, Monotonic
- Diff. Non-Linearity: No missing codes to 14 bits
- Monotonicity: Guaranteed over operating temperature range
- Linearity: ±4 bits typical, ±8 bits max
- Zero Drift: ±10 PPM/°C maximum
- Gain Drift: ±45 PPM/°C maximum
- Trigger Source: Software selectable, external trigger, programmable timer, A/D start, Single Scan Start, or program command
The board loads appropriate gain and offset constants, from an onboard non-volatile memory to adjust the A/D inputs and D/A outputs to be within specification. Software is provided for periodic calibration of the board.
- Channels: 2
- Resolution: 12 bit
- Ranges: 0-5V, 0-10V
- Output current: 5mA
- Calibration: Automatic with values stored in EEPROM
- Settling Time: 8µs
- Channels: 16
- Input Voltage:
- Logic low: 0.03V min, 0.8V max
- Logic High: 2.0V min, 5.0V max
- Input Current: ±1uA Max
- Output Voltage:
- Logic low: 0.0V min, 0.55V max
- Logic High: 2.4V min, 5.0V max
- Output Current:
- Logic low: 64mA Sink
- Logic High: 32mA Source
Appropriate gain and offset constants to adjust the output to be within specification are loaded into the board, after retrieval from the onboard memory.
- Type: 82C54-2 programmable interval timer, with 3 counter stages.
- Counters: One is internally connected to provide timing for the A/D circuitry.
- Output Drive: 2.5mA (5 LSTTL loads).
- Input Gate: TTL/DTL/CMOS compatible.
- Clock Frequency: 10MHz.
- Active Count Edge: Negative edge.
- Min Clock Pulse Width: 30nS high/50nS low.
- Timer Range: 5 MHz to <1 pulse/hr.
- Operating Temp: 0 to 70°C (-40 to 85°C Optional)
- Storage Temp: -50 to +120°C.
- Humidity: 5 to 90% RH, non-condensing.
- Power Required:
- +12VDC: 25 mA typical.
- -12VDC: 20 mA typical.
- +5VDC: 50 mA typical.
- Power Required (using only +5V, with the optional DC/DC Converter):
- +5VDC:180 mA.
CE testing & approval must be done at the system level, in the designed enclosure, and is not done on individual boards.