Low Profile Isolated Digital Input/Output Card
- 8 optically-isolated, non-polarized CMOS compatible digital inputs accept ±31volts DC or AC rms
- 8 form C electro-mechanical relays switch up to 1 A each
- Universal PCI, PCI-X, 3.3V and 5V compatible (Call for PCI-Express availability)
The LPCI-IIRO-8 is a half-size Low-Profile PCI bus compatible card that provides isolated digital input and output interface for PCI-Bus computers. The card has eight optically-isolated digital inputs for AC or DC control signals and eight electromechanical relay outputs. LPCI-IIRO-8 occupies four consecutive 8-bit registers in I/O space.
The LPCI-IIRO-8 provides eight optically-isolated inputs. These inputs can accept either AC or DC signals and are not polarity sensitive. Input signals are rectified by photocoupler diodes while unused power gets dissipated thru a 1.8k-ohm resistor in series. The inputs may be driven by either DC sources of 3 to 31 volts (rms) or AC sources at frequencies of 40 Hz to 10 KHz. Standard 12/24 AC control transformer outputs can be accepted as well. External resistors connected in series may be used to extend the input voltage range, however this will raise the input threshold range. Consult with factory for available modified input ranges.
Each input circuit contains a switchable filter that has a 4.7 millisecond time constant. (Without filtering, the response is less then 40 microseconds) The filter must be selected for AC inputs in order to eliminate the on/off response to AC. The filter is also valuable for use with slow DC input signals in a noisy environment. The filter may be switched out for DC inputs in order to obtain faster response. Filters are individually selected by jumpers. The filters are switched into the circuit when the jumpers are installed in position FLT0 to FLT15.
The board's outputs are comprised of eight FORM C SPDT electro mechanical relays. These relays are all de-energized at power-on.
Available Reference Manuals
Available Software Downloads
Further information about available ACCES Software:
- Redistributing Windows Drivers
- A list of ACCES drivers and the files that compose them under different versions of Windows, so you can easily redistribute ACCES cards and drivers.
- Number of inputs: Eight
- Type: Non-polarized, optically isolated from each other and from the computer (CMOS compatible)
- Voltage Range: 3 to 31 DC or AC Rms (40 to 10000 Hz)
- Isolation: 500V*(see note) channel-to-ground or channel-to channel
- Input Resistance: 1.8K ohms in series with opto coupler
- Filter Response Times: Rise Time = 4.7 mS / Fall Time = 4.7 mS
- Non-Filter Response Times: Rise Time = 10 uS / Fall Time = 30 uS
*Notes on Isolation: Opto-Isolators and connectors are rated for at least 500V, but isolation voltage breakdowns will vary and is affected by factors like cabling, spacing of pins, spacing between traces on the PCB, humidity, dust and other environmental factors. This is a safety issue so a careful approach is required. For CE certification, isolation was specified at 40V AC and 60V DC. The design intention was to eliminate the influence of common mode. Use proper wiring techniques to minimize voltage between channels and to ground. For example, when working with AC voltages do not connect the hot side of the line to an input. Tolerance of higher isolation voltage can be obtained on request by applying a conformal coating to the board.
- Number of outputs: Eight SPDT form C
- Contact Type: Single crossbar; Ag with Au clad
- Rated Load AC: 0.5 A at 125 VAC (62.5 VA max.)
- Rated Load DC: 1A at 24 VDC (30 W max.)
- Max. Switching Voltage: 125 VAC, 60 VDC
- Max. Switching Current: 1 A
- Contact Resistance: 100 mΩ max.
- Contact Life: mech'l: 5 million operations min.
- Operating Time: 5 milliseconds max.
- Release Time: 5 milliseconds max.
- 30 mA typical per Relay Energized
- Operating Temp: 0°C to 70°C (Non-icing)
- Weight: 14.5 oz
- This product is in full compliance with CE requirements.