16, 32, or 48 Channel Isolated Digital Input Cards
- 16, 32, or 48 individually optically isolated AC/DC inputs
- Change-of-state detection (IRQ) on selected inputs (certain models)
- Polarity insensitive AC/DC inputs accept up to 60VDC or AC rms
- Optically isolated channel to channel and channel to ground
- Universal PCI, PCI-X, 3.3V and 5V compatible
- AC or voltage transient filtering
- Universal PCI, PCi-X, 3.3V and 5V compatible (Call for PCI-Express availability)
- RoHS Available. Please contact us for ordering information
PCI-IDI-xx Series cards offer a range of 16, 32, or 48 individual, optically isolated inputs. These cards are ideal for use in control and instrumentation applications where high-voltage protection is required. Individual channel-to-channel isolation allows every channel to be physically and electrically separated from the others.
Inputs feature a change-of-state detection capability (denoted by a 'C' after the model number) which provides a means to automatically interrupt the host computer in real time. When one or more input bits change state, a PCI interrupt is generated to automatically wake up your application. This can greatly simplify your application program and eliminate need to continuously poll inputs.
Each input is rectified by photo-coupler diodes, therefore polarity insensitive - either positive, negative, and AC voltage inputs are acceptable. The input range is up to 60VDC or AC rms at frequencies of 40 to 10 kHz.
These cards are especially useful in applications where high common-mode external voltages are present. Isolation is required to guard electronics from transient voltage spikes and offers greater common-mode noise rejection in electronically noisy surroundings containing industrial machinery and inductive loads. These applications include factory automation, energy management, industrial ON/OFF control, security systems, manufacturing test, and process monitoring. In addition to protecting industrial applications from accidental contact with high external voltages, the isolation provided eliminates troublesome ground loops. Connections are available via 50-pin IDC type headers, ribbon cables, and a variety of screw terminal boards.
|MODEL||# of Bits||Max Input|
These cards are supported for use in most operating systems and include a free DOS, Linux (including Mac OS X) and Windows 98/NT/2000/XP/2003 compatible software package. This package contains sample programs and source code in 'C' for DOS, and Visual Basic, Delphi, C++ Builder, and Visual C++ for Windows. Also incorporated is a graphical setup program in Windows. Linux support includes installation files and basic samples for programming from user level via an open source kernel driver. Third party support includes a Windows standard DLL interface usable from the most popular application programs, and includes example LabVIEW VIs. Embedded OS support includes Windows XPe.
Available Reference Manuals
Available Software Downloads
- View / Download the PCI-IDI Data Sheet (.PDF)
Further information about available ACCES Software:
- Redistributing Windows Drivers
- A list of ACCES drivers and the files that compose them under different versions of Windows, so you can easily redistribute ACCES cards and drivers.
Digital Isolated Inputs
- Number of inputs: 16, 32, or 48
- Type: Non-polarized, optically isolated from each other and from the computer (CMOS compatible)
- Voltage Range:
- xxA Logic Low: 0 to 2VDC or AC RMS (40Hz to 10KHz)
- Logic High: 3 to 31VDC or AC RMS (40Hz to 10KHz)
- xxB Logic Low: 0 to 5VDC or AC RMS (40Hz to 10kHz)
- Logic High: 11 to 60VDC or AC RMS (40Hz to 10kHz)
- Isolation: Optically Isolated channel-to-ground or channel-to channel (*see note)
- Input Resistance:
- xxA 1.8K ohms in series with optocoupler
- xxB 15K ohms in series with octocoupler
- Non-Filter Response Times: Rise Time = 10 uS / Fall Time = 30 uS
- Filter Time Constant: 4.7mS
- Power Required: +5VDC @ 300mA typical
*Note on Isolation: Opto-Isolators and connectors are rated for at least 500V, but isolation voltage breakdowns will vary and is affected by factors like cabling, spacing of pins, spacing between traces on the PCB, humidity, dust and other environmental factors. This is a safety issue so a careful approach is required. For CE certification, isolation was specified at 60VDC or AC rms. The design intention was to eliminate the influence of common mode. Use proper wiring techniques to minimize voltage between channels and to ground. Tolerance of higher isolation voltage can be obtained on request by applying a conformal coating to the board.
- Operating Temperature: 0°C to +70°C
- Storage Temperature: -55°C to +150°C
- Humidity: 0% to 95% RH, without condensation
- Board Dimension: 6.875" (174.6mm) long
- This product is in full compliance with CE requirements.