PCI Bus Digital Input/Output Cards
- Universal PCI, PCI-X, 3.3V and 5V compatible (PCI-Express available)
- 24 bits of digital I/O
- Four and eight bit ports independently selectable for I/O
- All 24 I/O lines buffered by transceivers on the card
- I/O buffers can be enabled/disabled under program control
- Pull-ups on I/O lines
- Resettable fused +5 VDC output available
- 'H'version compatible with industry standard I/O racks like Grayhill, Opto 22, Western Reserve Controls, Potter and Brumfield, etc.
- Optional 1 MHZ counters
- Automatically detected under Windows
- No base address or IRQ switches to set
- RoHS Available. Please contact us for ordering information
These cards contain a type 8255-5 Programmable Peripheral Interface (PPI) chip. They can be programmed to accept inputs or to provide outputs on three 8-bit ports: designated Ports A, B, and C. Port C can be further divided into two 4-bit nibbles.
Each I/O line is buffered by a type 74ABT245B tristate buffer transceiver capable of sourcing 32 mA or sinking 64mA. The buffers are configured under program control for input or output use according to direction control signals from the control register inside the PPI. Pull-ups (to +5 VDC) on the card assure that there are no erroneous outputs at power-up until the card is initialized by system software. Further, jumpers on the card provide a choice to either permanently enable the buffers or to tri-state them under program control.
Input/Output wiring connections for the PCI-DIO24D are via a 37-pin D-sub connector on the card mounting bracket. Either a 37-pin D-sub solder cup mating connector or an insulation-displacement ribbon cable can be used for I/O connections. Fused +5 VDC power is available at the I/O connector. A resettable on-board fuse is rated at 0.5A and can be reset by cycling computer power.
Input/Output wiring connections for PCI-DIO24H are via a 50-pin connector on the card mounting bracket. Insulation displacement ribbon cables can be used for I/O connections to termination panels such as ACCES' model STA-50 Screw Terminal card. The pin connections are also compatible with ACCES A24A , Grayhill, OPTO22, Western Reserve Controls, Potter& Brumfield, etc opto-isolated module mounting racks. If needed for external circuits, fused +5VDC power is available at the I/O connector. The resettable 0.5A fuse can be reset by cycling computer power.
The fused +5V output is available on all versions of the PCI-DIO-24D and H with the exception of the PCI-DIO-24D-S03. The -S03 on this card does not have +5V on the connector due to the limited number of pins on the DB37.
Available Reference Manuals
Available Software Downloads
Further information about available ACCES Software:
- Redistributing Windows Drivers
- A list of ACCES drivers and the files that compose them under different versions of Windows, so you can easily redistribute ACCES cards and drivers.
Digital Inputs (TTL Compatible)
- Logic High: 2.0 to 5.0 VDC.
- Logic Low: -0.5 to +0.8 VDC.
- Input Load (Hi): 20 uA.
- Input Load (Lo): -200 uA.
- Logic High: 2.0 VDC min., source 32 mA.
- Logic Low: 0.55 VDC max., sink 64 mA
- Type: 82C54-5 programmable interval counters
- Output Drive: 2.2 mA at 0.45 VDC (5 LSTTL loads
- Input Gate: TTL/CMOS compatible
- Clock: On-board, 1 MHz crystal-controlled clock
- Active Count Edge: Negative Edge
- Minimum Clock Pulse Width: 30 nS high, 50 nS low
- Timer Range: 48 bits
- Operating Temperature Range: 0° to 50° C.
- Storage Temperature Range: -40° to +65.6° C.
- Humidity: Maximum 90% RH, without condensation.
Auxiliary Power Output
- +5 VDC from the computer bus. Resettable fuse at 0.5A.
- Basic Unit: +5 VDC at 170 ma., if no current is drawn from the auxiliary fused +5 VDC output.
- With One Counter: +5 VDC at 190 ma.
- With Two Counters: +5 VDC at 210 ma.
- With Three Counters: +5 VDC at 230 ma.
- This product is in full compliance with CE requirements.