PCIe-COM232-8 & PCIe-COM232-4
Low Profile PCI Express Multi-Port Serial Communication Cards
- Eight or four-port PCI Express RS-232 serial communication cards
- Low profile PCIe MD1 form factor, MD1 defines the shortest standard card length available
- High performance 16C950 class UARTs with 128-byte FIFO for each TX and RX
- Supports data communication speeds up to 921.6kbps (standard model 460.8kbps)
- ±15kV ESD protection on all signal pins
- Full modem control signals
- Software compatible with all operating systems
- Plug and Play, no jumpers to configure
- 3 breakout cable included, terminating with industry standard DB9M connectors (no external breakout box required)
- Connector strengthening bracket for secure and fail-proof connections
- Extended temperature (-40°C to +85°C)
- High speed version up to 921.6kbps
- RoHS compliant version
- Remote wake-up enable
- Low profile bracket installed for small, embedded PCs
ACCES I/Os PCI Express multiport serial communication cards deliver eight (PCIe-COM232-8) or four (PCIe-COM232-4), high-speed, RS-232 ports for use in a wide variety of applications. The cards were designed to offer serial compatibility with the PCI Express bus and to be used by system integrators and manufacturers in the design of industrial and commercial systems. Each RS-232 port is capable of supporting data rates up to 921.6kbps and implements full modem control signals to ensure compatibility with a broad variety of serial devices. Existing serial peripherals can connect directly to the industry standard DB9M connectors which are provided on the breakout cable that ships with each card. The card features a x1 lane PCI Express connector which can be used in any available x1, x2, x4, x8, x12, or x16 PCI Express expansion slot.
The card is 4.7 inches in length and 2.2 inches seated height and complies with the MD1 Low Profile Form Factor specifications (the smallest PCI Express card available). Low profile PCI Express allows the design of small footprint, low profile systems while still offering expandability and upgradeability to the end user. A regular profile mounting bracket is installed for use in standard size computers, while a low profile bracket is provided for smaller systems which require the use of low profile PCI Express cards.
Available accessories include a broad range of cables, screw terminal boards and breakout connection boxes for a variety of quick and easy connectivity options.
Custom baud rates are available upon request. Please contact ACCES with your precise requirement. Other examples of special orders would be conformal coating, custom software, RJ45 connectivity, special breakout boxes, etc we will work with you to provide exactly what is required.
A complete driver support package is provided including an easy-to-use Windows terminal program for testing out your COM ports. This simplifies the verification of proper COM port operation. The card installs as standard COM ports in all operating systems including DOS, Linux (including Mac OS X) and Windows 2000/XP/2003.
Available Reference Manuals
- View / Download the PCIe-COM232-8 Manual (.PDF)
Further information about available ACCES Software:
- Redistributing Windows Drivers
- A list of ACCES drivers and the files that compose them under different versions of Windows, so you can easily redistribute ACCES cards and drivers.
- I/O connection: VHDCI 68 pin SCSI connector
- Serial ports: 8 RS-232 ports
- Serial data rates: 460.8k baud (up to 921.6k baud) asynchronous
- UART: Octal type 16C950 with 128-byte transmit & receive FIFO, 16C550 compliant
- ESD Protection: ±15kV on all signal pins
- Character length: 5, 6, 7, or 8 bits
- Parity: Even, Odd, None, Space, Mark
- Stop interval: 1, 1.5, or 2 bits
- Flow Control: RTS/CTS and/or DSR/DTR, Xon/Xoff
- Cable: 3 shielded breakout cable terminated with 8 male D-sub 9-pin connectors
- Operating Temperature Range: Commercial 0° to 70°C; Industrial -40° to +85°C
- Storage Temperature Range: -65° to +150° C
- Humidity: 5% to 95%, non-condensing.
- Board Dimension: 4.72" (120mm) long by 2.20" (55.8mm) high
- +3.3VDC @ 0.9W (typical)
OEM and volume pricing available, please call us.
|PCIe-COM232-8||PCI Express eight-port RS-232 serial card with 3 DB9M breakout cable|
|PCIe-COM232-8NC||PCI Express eight-port RS-232 serial card without cable|
|PCIe-COM232-4||PCI Express four-port RS-232 serial card with 3 DB9M breakout cable|
|PCIe-COM232-4NC||PCI Express four-port RS-232 serial card without cable|
|-F||Fast version (up to 921.6kbps)|
|-T||Extended temperature (-40°C to +85°C)|
|-RoHS||RoHS compliant version|
|-W||Wake-up enabled version|
|-L||Low profile bracket installed|
|BRKT-551-SCB||Connector stabilizer bracket (for use with standard height PCIe bracket only)|
|ADAP9||Screw terminal adaptor (single DB9 female to 9 screw terminals)|
|ADAP9-2||Screw terminal adaptor (dual DB9 female to 18 screw terminals)|